|Formerly The Desert Island Country Club
About Course Architect
Desmond Muirhead designed over 100 golf courses around the world and was named by Golf World as
“the most innovative golf course architect of the last 100 years.”
He is one of the most respected golf course architects in the world and many would say the “greatest of all time”.
Muirhead is described as an innovator and a visionary with knowledge beyond comparison.
A humorous man, contagious in every good way.
The beauty of The S at Rancho Mirage and the surrounding desert area can be viewed from every hole.
The absence of housing-lined fairways provides a peaceful setting. The mature trees lend to the traditional
layout and all blend together providing a unique, outstanding golf experience.
The S Resort is expertly managed by the Landmark Golf Company.
Golf Lessons and Golf Schools
Golf Lessons are conducted by the teaching staff at the S Golf Resort.
We can get you setup with their staff of PGA and LPGA instructors.
Golf Schools are conducted by the staff of Southern California Golf Schools.
* 2 Hour Short Game Golf Schools (Golf instruction from 50 yards and In)
$399 single $599 double (Includes Golf / No Instructor)
* 3 Hour Full Swing and Short Game Golf School (Full Swing work and Short Game Work)
$599 single $799 double (Includes Golf / No Instructor)
* 5 Hour Full Swing and Short Game Golf School
(Full Swing and Short Game Work / Lunch + 9 Hole on Course Playing Lesson)
$799 single $999 double
We offer a private teaching area at the end of the members practice area.
The S Resort is a Private Golf Club so one of our higher priced Coachella Valley Golf School Packages.
We don't offer Stay and Play Packages at the S Resort so hotel booking and payment is on the Student.
Talking Points about The S Resort
* Par 72 from a combination of 6 different sets of tees.
* Park like golf setting.
* No homes / structures on course
* Front & back 9 holes each have five par 4s, two par 3s & two par 5s.
* Location provides substantial shelter from periodic desert winds.
* There are no holes of golf located in water runoff channels as other Coachella Valley golf courses.
* Beautiful views of the surrounding San Jacinto and San Bernardino mountain ranges.
* Over 2,000 mature trees provide shade throughout the course.